A simple plugin for musicians to show off their gigs in an elegant way. You can display upcoming and past events in a page or a post, using shortcodes. Upcoming events can also be displayed in a widget. Each gig can have its own poster and links. When the poster thumbnail is clicked, the full-size image is displayed in a Fancybox window (jQuery). Thumbnails size is customizable. Perfect for rock bands.
DOWNLOAD PLUGIN FOR FREE: WordPress Cute Gigs
Inside the archive you will find the WordPress plugin.
Upload it to your plugins folder and activate.
How to Use
Once you activate the plugin, a new menu item Cute Gigs will appear in the WordPress Dashboard, somewhere below Settings.
- Go to Cute Gigs – Manage Gigs to create a new event.
- To display upcoming gigs, add this shortcode to a page or a post: [cutegigs_upcoming_gigs]
- To display past gigs, add this shortcode to a page or a post: [cutegigs_past_gigs]
To activate the widget:
- Go to Appearance – Widgets, look for CG Upcoming Gig and add it to an area.
When upcoming gigs are available, the poster of the nearest event will be automatically displayed.
- If you want the visitor to be redirected to another page, when they click on the event poster, enter a URL address in the URL Link field.
Shortcode arguments are available for displaying past gigs.
|hide_buttons||0 (show buttons)||Hide links under poster?|
|limit||0 (display all)||How many of the past events to display?|
|offset||0 (don’t skip)||How many events to skip? Useful for pagination.|
You can set the size of the poster thumbnails, the style of the event container, and the style of the buttons from Cute Gigs – Settings. For advanced CSS styling, do not edit the file cutegigs.css. Instead, edit the CSS file of your current theme.
- Sometimes the Fancybox window appears behind the website menu. To fix this issue:
- Go to your theme’s CSS file and look for z-index rules that have a value higher than 1100.
- Change their value to 1099 and save the file.
- The plugin “Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast” causes Fancybox to misbehave. To fix this issue:
- Simply replace Yoast’s plugin with another Google Analytics plugin.
- All versions below 1.2.0 will cause issues in the Dashboard of WordPress 3.5 and above.
- Upgrading from version 1.0.0 to any newer version will delete all uploaded posters. To prevent this issue:
- Don’t upgrade yet.
Copy everything from the folder wp-content\plugins\bizarski-cute-gigs\posters.
- Create a new folder “posters” in the wp-content\uploads folder.
- Paste the files in the newly created folder.
- You can now safely upgrade to a new version.
- Don’t upgrade yet.