This is a simple and robust gallery plugin that displays the full-size images in a Fancybox window (jQuery). Image captions are supported. You can create and display multiple galleries inside a page or a post, using shortcodes. The thumbnails are customizable. You can also use the built-in widget to display a random image from a selected gallery, or from all galleries.
DOWNLOAD PLUGIN FOR FREE: WordPress Cute Gallery
Inside the archive you will find the WordPress plugin.
Upload it to your plugins folder and activate.
How to Use
Once you activate the plugin, a new menu item Cute Gallery will appear in the WordPress Dashboard, somewhere below Settings.
- Go to Cute Gallery – Manage Galleries to create a new gallery.
- Go to Cute Gallery – Manage Images to add images to a gallery.
- To display the images from a gallery, add this shortcode to a page or a post: [cutegallery_show id=1]*
*Where “1″ is the ID of the gallery. To get the ID of a gallery, go to Cute Gallery – Manage Galleries, choose your gallery and click Edit. In the URL bar, you will find the ID of the chosen gallery: admin.php?page=cutegallery-admin&action=edit&id=1
To activate the widget:
- Go to Appearance – Widgets, look for CG Random Image and add it to an area.
- To display a random image from a selected gallery, enter the gallery ID.
To display a random image from all galleries, leave the gallery ID empty, or enter 0.
|id||0||The ID of the chosen gallery|
|per_row||0 (display all in one row)||How many thumbnails there are in a row. Will automatically remove the right margin from the outer thumbnails.|
|limit||0 (display all)||How many thumbnails to display?|
|offset||0 (don’t skip)||How many images to skip? Useful for pagination.|
You can set the size and the style of the thumbnails from Cute Gallery – Settings.
For advanced CSS styling, do not edit the file cutegallery.css. Instead, edit the CSS file of your current theme.
- Sometimes the Fancybox window appears behind the website menu. To fix this issue:
- Go to your theme’s CSS file and look for z-index rules that have a value higher than 1100.
- Change their value to 1099 and save the file.
- The plugin “Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast” causes Fancybox to misbehave. To fix this issue:
- Simply replace Yoast’s plugin with another Google Analytics plugin.
- All versions below 1.3.0 will cause issues in the Dashboard of WordPress 3.5 and above.
- Upgrading from version 1.0.0 will delete all images. To prevent this issue:
- Don’t upgrade yet.
Copy everything from the folder wp-content\plugins\bizarski-cute-gallery\images.
- Create a new folder “images” in the wp-content\uploads folder.
- Paste the files in the newly created folder.
- You can now safely upgrade to a new version.
- Don’t upgrade yet.